19 March 2008

Dim Sum & a Movie

While Raiyan was asleep , we went for Dim Sum.. Uncle Bak and Me... and hehehe...Hannah Cobana and Co....
We went to see Spiderwick at the Mall... Jirul and Muaz admiring.. errr the ghost?

Spiderwick was great but it rolled most of the books into one.. and shortened.. edited version, totally not loyal to the book... it didnt show the sister and mother being kidnapped( in separate books)..didnt show how the Brownie Thimbletack got mad at them for a while before they figured everything out, how Jared wore his clothes inside out for an effect on something.. bla bla bla.... they found the book too soon in the movie... but if you didnt read the books, the story line is just fine for you. I love this kind of movie... although the books are usually better... as they show greater fantasy details. Loved the movie nonetheless. Additionally, the book is a recent piece of writing, two books were released in 2003 and more in 2004, and if I'm not mistaken all were out within 3-4 years.

Narnia, Harry Potter, Lord of The Rings, Eragon.. fall under the same category to me....hehehe.. I just cant wait for them to make My Secret Country into a movie..... It doesnt matter how similar they are.. the creatures were made real in the light of Tolkien's LOTR. Games like Warcraft and the lot make us believe that such creatures might really exist or just enhanced imagination....hmm....characters are similar.... correct me if I'm wrong though in any of my .. review hehehehe...
He actually had his eyes on the ghost.. not the girl hahaha....

No comments: